WLWT's Creative Services Department 10-week paid internship focuses on the basics of marketing, branding, and promotion for broadcast TV and the WLWT brand.
• Station Key Objectives and On-Air Marketing
• Station tone / style / graphics / announcer
• Overview of Station-Owned Platforms
• Overview and Relevance of Social Platforms
• Topical News Training
• Topical Weather Training
• Creating a Relationship with Viewers: New Marketing Pyramid
• Important Station Programming
• Local vs. Network vs. Syndicated
• Importance of Community Events
• Working with Other Departments: Their Roles and Responsibilities
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2023
SYSTEMS AND TOOLS OF THE TRADE:
• Social Marketing
• Wide Orbit
• Mixpo / Netsertive
• Premiere / After Effects
• Canon C-300
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Logs and Inventory Management
• Writing: News Image vs. Topical vs. POP vs. Entertainment
• News Topical Bootcamp
• Shooting / Lighting
Additional Exposure to WLWT:
• Attend a brown bag LUNCH and LEARN hosted by WLWT'S President & General Manager in the WLWT Board Room.
• Spend 15-30 minutes with each WLWT Department Head reviewing each department's role in the daily operation of the television station.
Successful Completion of Internship: TBD
• Write, shoot, and edit an image promo as the final project.
• After completing the 10-week internship, the intern should understand the role of the creative services department in broadcast television and have an understanding of the marketing options for branding and promoting a broadcast station.
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst Television owns and operates 33 television and two radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 22 million US television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more. The radio stations are leaders in Baltimore news/talk and rock music listenership. Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service. Hearst Television is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hearst.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d54yv1-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.