Intern - WLWT News - Editor
WLWT-TV, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati is recruiting college students for our 10-12 week, summer paid internship program. We are seeking a highly motivated and creative News Editor-Videographer Intern to learn in a very competitive news market. Our ideal candidate has an interest in building their visual storytelling skills behind the camera and with non-linear editing.
Ambitious and reliable college students should have some college level experience with non-linear editing software such as Adobe Premiere. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college or university in order to apply.
• Learn how to edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
• Learn advanced nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
• Learn how to effectively collaborates with producers, reporters, and managers to produce high quality stories.
• Learn the standards for all edited material.
• Learn how to take in ENG and SNG feeds.
• Learn the proper storage and organization of media files.
• Learn how to operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
• Learn how to shoot, edit and send back material from the field.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds.
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ppy9-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.