Intern - Podcast Studio
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
PODCAST STUDIO INTERNSHIP
Echoverse (a division of Whalerock Industries) is looking for interns for a unique internship geared at exposing emerging talent to the entertainment industry. If you're a genre fiction fan who is eager to learn more about scripted audio dramas/podcasts-we want to hear from you!
Echoverse is hiring multiple interns for 10 hour per week paid internships. All work will begin in June and last three months. Interns will be mainly remote but Los Angeles based interns are encouraged to apply.
Our ideal Podcast Studio Intern…
• Interested in scripted podcasts and how they are created
• A fan of Genre fiction (ie. Sci-fi, Supernatural, Fantasy, Horror)
• A team player who is not afraid to share their opinion
• A self-starter who is comfortable working remotely
• An avid reader who is able to cohesively summarize material
• Available 10 hours per week, Monday-Friday with some flexibility for additional hours as needed
• Participate in creative meetings
• Read scripts and provide coverage
• Participate in pitch meetings
• Participate in development discussions
• Provide coverage on books and longer scripts
• Research: new genre podcasts, articles from and interviews with genre experts, relevant listening and download data from Podtrac, Edison, Nielsen, etc.
• Scout for potential material to adapt, new writers to check out
• Update databases and social media platforms as needed
To be considered for this opportunity, we require BOTH of the following materials submitted no later than May 4th:
• Resume (industry and non-industry experience welcome)
• Cover Letter
AA, Undergraduate-in-progress, or BA/BS encouraged
Must be at least 18 years old to apply
Must live and be working remotely from California to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z3n9-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Whalerock is a strategic advisory company that helps brands build media and entertainment experiences. We have created dozens of successful media brands with the world’s most impactful companies, celebrities and networks, including #1-ranked entertainment apps, award-winning web sites and hit TV shows. We devise integrated strategies for content, digital product and marketing; develop bold and innovative creative concepts; and build and oversee teams to bring it all to life.