- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
WDAF-TV in Kansas City has unpaid internships available for qualified students studying broadcast journalism, video production, and other communication degrees. Area of interest could include: News Producing, News Reporting, Digital News, and Weather.
Requirements & Skills:
• Must receive course credit for internship hours
• Possess strong communication skills
• Flexible in learning a variety of assignments and tasks
• A collaborative worker with a willingness to learn
• Priority will be given to college juniors and seniors
• Each internship is for 16-24 hours per week for up to 12 weeks, depending on requirements for credit. (Dates are May 16-August 5)
• Shifts could include early mornings, days or nights
• Interns will be supervised by an appropriate news manager and participate in a meaningful learning experience
• This is an unpaid internship and the Intern is not entitled to wages or any compensation or benefits for the time spent in the internship.
The Student shall:
• Abide by all safety rules and procedures of Company.
• Exert best efforts in receiving training and cooperate with and follow the instructions of employees of Company
• Maintain strictly the confidences of Company, the customers of Company, all information or data received regarding Company and any of its trade secrets or any other confidential business information received by the Student
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4972-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.