WCIV is looking for Summer Interns for the News Department! This is an exciting opportunity where you will get hands-on learning about the different positions in the newsroom. You will then apply those skills you learn over the course of your internship to create an intern newscast which you can use as part of your reel.
During your internship, you will learn:
You will also get the chance to write, track and front a package. You will play an active role in the newsgathering process every day you walk into the newsroom. A lack of participation will be reported to your advisor.
• Must be attending an accredited college or university and studying mass communications, media, or related major
• Graduate students are eligible
• Each Intern is required to work 10-20 hours a week; including some weekends
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must receive academic credit for the internship experience
• Must be registered for college at his or her institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed
• Must have reliable transportation
This is a non-paid internship. Please submit two (2) writing samples (graded class assignments or published work), and an online web link of your work with your profile.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9nwbk-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.