Data Scientist - Returnship (REMOTE)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Data Scientist – Returnship for the WBG Burbank Analytics Platform department.
The role of a data scientist is to combine advanced statistical and machine learning techniques with our data assets to create models that can inform high-value business decisions. The Embedded Data Scientist (CPM) also carries the dual responsibility of being a representative of the broader WB Analytics team within the Central Product Management organization, partnering with them to develop not only immediately useful insights but the long-term roadmap of projects that will be valuable in the future.
• Ad-hoc research and production support
• Developing data products and models with persistent utility, such as dashboards and production ML models
• Deep-dive analysis of key business questions
• Project ideation, planning, and review with business stakeholders in CPM
• Advanced degree in a data-intensive field such as mathematics, data science, business intelligence, or similar, OR equivalent additional practical experience
• 3+ years experience in an analytics and/or machine learning focused role
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Project planning and requirements gathering
• Explanation of complex data science topics
• Interpretation of models and outputs
• Demonstrable technical skills in:
• SQL for data access in complex database structures.
• R or Python for statistical analysis.
• Looker, Tableau, or similar visualization tools.
• High level of experience with all the following:
• Data wrangling with large datasets
• Feature engineering and selection
• Model tuning
• A strong background in two or more of the following:
• Machine learning
• Data analysis
• Statistical modeling
• Predictive modeling and forecasting
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d872km-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.