Intern - Motion Design
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Who are we?
WarnerMedia is going through an exciting change and this role is an opportunity for someone who is looking to launch their career in Motion design and be part of a Product team that is responsible for creating digital product experiences for global streaming services on the web, mobile and smart TV.
What part will you play?
Reporting to a Senior Product Designer within the WarnerMedia International Product Design team, the Motion Designer intern will be responsible for supporting the product design team with delivering design solutions for different briefs across various WM International brands.
The role spans a multitude of styles, formats and genres, from creating branded and short-form video, stylized motion graphics to character-based projects, GIFs, titles, logo resolves, app interactions and much more.
• Create highly engaging complex animations for a diverse array of media, including smartphones, tablets and the web.
• Produce a variety of prototypes to demonstrate ideas and concepts for our digital products
• Work closely with designers, developers and tech to resolve technical and/or design issues and implement concepts into live products
• Participate in design reviews and present concepts to the rest of the team and our stakeholders
• Translate feedback to actionable tasks
• Assist in selecting appropriate graphic and animation styles for the projects.
• Research industry–standard animations and transitions and propose ideas that follow best
• practices and accessibility standards
• Assist in designing and creating storyboards.
• Work with product designers to understand the project scope and objectives.
• Support senior designers with a variety of design needs
• Follow methodologies, team processes and design systems
• Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process.
• Work on different project simultaneously and priorities tasks
• Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
What do we require from you?
• A passion for design
• Be proficient in Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop (having experience in Sketch, Invision Studio and Abstract is a bonus)
• Good understanding of User Experience design and Visual Design
• Knowledge of responsive web and mobile design
• Good communication skills and the ability to articulate design decisions
• Attention to detail
• Ability to manage own workload
• A good understanding of what branded video content is and how to tell stories
What we can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the work they do
• Work on exciting projects with a global reach
• Mentoring so you gain valuable insights for career development and relationship building
• The opportunity to work with a product and development team on the bleeding edge of the entertainment industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5pbm-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, TCM, truTV and others.