Spring Intern - Business Affairs
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 29 at 11:59 PM EST
This position provides an introduction and overview of Business Affairs at a premium cable studio/network. The Business Affairs Intern will interacts with almost all departments of HBO's West Coast Production (BA, Legal, Production, Post, Media Relations, Labor, Awards, Marketing) while employed within the Business Affairs & Labor Departments. Primarily working on credits and related matters for HBO Series, Miniseries and HBO Max projects, the intern will be exposed to above-the-line (i.e. actor, writer, producer and director) deals and contracts, and learn about various contractual on-screen credit requirements regarding entertainment guilds, global tax incentives, etc.
• The Intern will assist team members with administrative duties such as filing, scheduling meetings, taking notes, updating show lists, researching industry practices, setting up credit memo templates.
• Our team invites our Intern to attend any meetings/conference calls and/or educational symposiums whenever appropriate.
• The Intern will have the opportunity to review on-screen credits obligations for various projects.
• This is a great opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a big studio, getting a bird's-eye view of the entire process from development through delivery
• High attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects, shifting deadlines and priorities
• Great communication skills
• Successful interns will have a can-do attitude, and desire to learn
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Company-issued computer provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxokzo-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.