Intern - Financial Compliance and Reporting Placement
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Job:
• Assisting in timely preparation of tax packs and statutory accounts
• Assisting in direct and indirect tax compliance and reporting
• Assisting in banking and treasury processes
• Assist in preparation of draft statutory accounts, tax packs and all related documentation:
- Rolling forward all ETBs, tax packs and statutory accounts templates
- Pulling US GAAP TBs from SAP
- Reviewing/amending tax sensitive analysis done by EFS
- Prepare dormant accounts and liaise with Co Sec re Board Minutes
- Printing and organising all documentation to be signed by Board
- Arranging meetings with BU's, including room bookings, refreshments,
• Assist with audit requests from EY:
- JE download for all entities (full year of transactions)
- Downloading information from SAP/other systems
- Downloading bank statements
- CAS tracking – items loaded to EY Delivers
- Assist with EY sample testing
- Assist with ad hoc queries
- Arranging meetings with EY, including room bookings, refreshments, agendas
• Assist in preparation of quarterly tax forecasts:
- Roll forward templates each quarter
- Run BW reports for all entities for US GAAP forecasts
• Assist in preparation of accurate VAT returns:
- Reconciling EFS VAT balance sheet reconciliations to VAT return spreadsheets
- Running SAP reports for TV VAT returns
- Perform monthly intercompany settlement analysis for inclusion in VAT returns
- Vendor analysis as applicable for inclusion in VAT returns
- Perform reconciliation between SAP VAT report and SAP intrastat report
- Prepare ECSL return
• Assist in banking and treasury processes:
- Liaising with Barclays.net administrators over user changes
- Managing new bank cards and PINs, including communication with new users
- Updating user information on the drive
• Assist in updating SAO file:
- Rolling forward SAO process notes and other documentation
- Updating checklists within the file
- Checking all certificates are signed on a quarterly basis
- Any other statutory and tax reporting and compliance work as directed by management
• Part way through a Finance/Accountancy Degree
• Knowledge of MS-Office, in particular Excel to intermediate level and a proven ability to learn other PC application software.
• Proven ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence both financial and non-financial people.
• Proactive in seeking improvements to current procedures
• You must be a current University student in your 2nd year of study, looking to spend your 3rd year on placement and graduating no earlier than July 2023.
• Previous holiday work in an office environment may be helpful
What WM can offer you:
• You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
• You will have to opportunity to network and build relationships with professionals, executives, and other students passionate about their field.
• You will work with industry professionals to best position yourself for a full-time position upon graduation/completion of internship.
• You will be enrolled on our Early Careers learning & training programme, as well as having access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers' series, special screenings and more.
• You will have the chance to give back to the community.
• You will be one of over 100 WM Early Careers employees, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please submit your CV (no cover letter required) if you'd like to apply by Sunday 28th November 2021. Within 5 days of submitting your application, you will be invited to complete an application questionnaire via HireVue - you must complete this to be considered for the role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81mo6-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.