Intern - Finance Placement
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionFinance (Games) Placement Intern
• Work with International Games Finance Manager to review physical and digital games forecast models to ensure their integrity regarding release dates, pricing assumptions, volumes forecasts and so on.
• Provide analysis of monthly physical and digital games actual/latest forecast for balance of year versus prior forecast or budget.
• Use, maintain and improve the complex reporting files used for month end. Be responsible for updating the Excel-Essbase macros that automate report running.
• Perform rigorous checks by territory, title, platform, month, and GL code to ensure systems are error-free and territory forecasts align with the assumptions issued by the Finance Director.
• Support the Vice President of Marketing and Vice President of Digital Games EMEA and their teams for ad hoc requests for by-title and general market data.
• Work with the EMEA Sales Games placement student to provide by-territory results on titles and provide actuals vs forecast analysis for physical and digital games.
• Summarise and report back on key findings and trends covering:
• Platform trends
• Pricing analysis
• Product launches
• Provide general ad-hoc day-to-day support as and when required.
• Suggest and execute improvements to current processes used to complete recurring tasks.
• You must be a current University student in your 2nd year of study, looking to spend your 3rd year on placement and graduating no earlier than July 2023.
• Working knowledge of Excel would be preferred.
• Ability to analyse data sets and extract relevant information.
• Good problem solving and analysis skills.
• Well organised and disciplined, with the ability to plan and prioritise work.
• Self-motivated, focused and be able to work with limited supervision. A focus on results.
• Able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
• Analytical and pay close attention to detail.
• VBA experience.
• Business/Finance/Accounting undergraduate.
• A keen interest in gaming and ability to participate in playing games.
What WM can offer you:
• You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
• You will have to opportunity to network and build relationships with professionals, executives, and other students passionate about their field.
• You will work with industry professionals to best position yourself for a full-time position upon graduation/completion of internship.
• You will be enrolled on our Early Careers learning & training programme, as well as having access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers' series, special screenings and more.
• You will have the chance to give back to the community.
• You will be one of over 100 WM Early Careers employees, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please submit your CV (no cover letter required) if you'd like to apply by Sunday 28th November 2021. Within 5 days of submitting your application, you will be invited to complete an application questionnaire via HireVue - you must complete this to be considered for the role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej9q7-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.