Intern - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Graduate
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
• Part of the International Equity and Inclusion team to lead, manage and support the overall enterprise-wide and line of business specific DE&I initiatives and programs. The Equity and Inclusion apprentice will report into the Director for Equity and Inclusion International. The apprentice will be an integral part of supporting the DE&I strategy and key initiatives across International. The role will partner closely with the Global E&I Team.
• This is a unique graduate programme that is offered as a part-time role for those who wish to work flexibly outside of the standard office hours. We are looking for someone to join us for 18 hours per week. We truly believe that supporting an inclusive workforce with more dynamic working arrangements is not only the smart thing to do, but it is also the right thing to do.
• Assisting D&I International team in creating, managing, and executing D&I events across WBD
• First point of contact for projects / events; address and resolve request, concerns
• Budget and expense management to support diversity and inclusion programs and events
• Prepare and manage event materials and reporting, including regular communication via e-mail, in-person and virtual meetings, as well as post-event wrap up communications as needed
• Provide planning, travel, and logistics support as needed
D&I Initiatives and Development:
• Partner with those responsible for professional development and other specialist teams to integrate D&I into WBD's training, mentoring, recruiting, and professional development processes and procedures
• Work collaboratively across the WBD D&I network to build WBD's reputation as a D&I leader across the industry
• Assist with the execution of all D&I events, meetings, and projects (panel discussions, summits, conferences, professional development programming, etc.)
Overall D&I Support:
• Provide on-going support to department and team leadership including end-to-end project delivery and presentation preparation
• Audit and support key external memberships, awards and partnerships within Equity and Inclusion
• Maintain existing Benchmarking and Awards submissions and identify new opportunities
• Track and analyse D&I metrics, efforts, and accomplishments via reports / presentation materials to keep department informed about progress within D&I programs
• Collaborate with HR Business Partners to support initiatives that strengthen WarnerMedia's growth and retention strategies (Talent, Learning & Development, etc.)
• Work with CSR to establish key partnership projects and initiatives that require Equity and Inclusion support
• Apply knowledge of D&I processes and procedures to facilitate programs, projects, and events that meet WBD's Diversity and Inclusion needs
• You must be a recent university graduate, having graduated no earlier than July 2019.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Microsoft office skills
• Good attention to detail and strong communication skills
• Personable, flexible and thinks outside of the box,
• High attention to detail and self-motivated
• Works well in a team
• Good time management and prioritisation skills
• Willingness to learn
• Salary: £26,000
• Contract Length: 12 months
• Start Date: Likely to be 15th August 2022
• You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
• You will have to opportunity to network and build relationships with professionals, executives, and other students passionate about their field.
• You will work with industry professionals to best position yourself for a full-time position upon graduation/completion of internship.
• You will be enrolled on our Early Careers learning & training programme, as well as having access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers' series, special screenings and more.
• You will have the chance to give back to the community.
• You will be one of over 100 WBD Early Careers employees, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please submit your CV (no cover letter required) if you'd like to apply by Sunday 15th May 2022. Within 5 days of submitting your application, you will be invited to complete an application questionnaire via HireVue - you must complete this to be considered for the role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjxbz1-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.