Intern - Africa Kids Programming
WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 70 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. Turner's EMEA portfolio of kids, entertainment, sports and news brands includes Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Cartoonito, Boing, adult swim, Toonami, Warner TV, TCM and TNT, CNN, , Bleacher Report and e-league, as well as our new venture Toonix, in partnership with HBO Nordic.
Turner France proposes a 6-month internship alongside the Distribution team, operating kids and General entertainment channels in French-speaking Europe, Benelux, Israel and Africa. The intern will join the Paris-based Distribution team and handle specific initiatives and projects that will support the overall sales strategy.
• Look for new clients and opportunities
• Monitor market competition in French-speaking Europe, Israel and Africa (new players, channels, TV offers, technological innovation)
• Follow-up on the TV channels and content piracy
• Market Analysis (content, channels, TV distribution platforms)
• Manage the client database
• Design and update sales presentations
• Write the monthly commercial newsletter
• Help prepare client meetings, B2B markets (MIP, Africacom, Discop etc) and business events
• Work with other departments (marketing, programming, research)
• Fluency in French and English
• Proficiency in MS powerpoint, Excel (formulas) required. Indesign knowledge is desirable
• A passion for television in an international environment is a must! Keen interest in digital.
• Team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented, dynamic, organized, proactive, and able to work in a demanding environment.
• Must also possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Educated to Master's degree level or equivalent - Education in Media Management desirable - Business school diploma desirable
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp041o-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.