The Customer Marketing team maximises
opportunities across all new release titles on both film , games and consumer products to deliver a best in- class consumer facing set up . By liaising with internal and external stakeholders, we provide day-to-da y support to our retailers to meet their requirements.
• Support t he Customer Marketing team to maximise opportunities across all new release titles on both film, games and consumer products to deliver a best in-class consumer facing set up.
• By liaising with internal and external stakeholders, you will provide day-to-day support to our retailers to meet their requirements.
• Work with the Customer Marketing team to communicate plans for new-release titles
on film and games.
• Support the Customer Marketing team to identify ways to make film , games and consumer products bigger within retail e.g. in-store theatre.
• Conduct regular store visits and filter key learnings and information to Customer Marketing, monitoring and evaluating both Warner and competitive activity, providing timely input into the weekly Customer Marketing meetings.
• Manage the retail insight reports and priorities, working closely with the merchandising agency to identify key weekly releases across Warner Bros and competitors. Distribute retail insight report to the business.
• Manage the online merchandising of the Warner Bros film & games slate on Amazon.
• Conduct weekly film and games online retail audits to ensure WB product is set up correctly across retail channels.
• Manage swap sleeve process liaising with retailers and agency to ensure deadlines are achieved for film and games releases.
• Support the Customer Marketing team by raising POs for all relevant activity such as retail coop funding, agency fees, etc. Update required to merchandising and games trade marketing budget sheets.
• Coordinate promotional material/merchandising for goody bags for any new releases as required by the Customer Marketing team.
• Support the Customer Marketing team for all WB organised Retail Days and Retail Conferences.
• Provide administrative support to the Customer Marketing team and ad-hoc requests in the form of sending promotional orders, booking meeting rooms, arranging couriers, compiling presentations, researching data, etc.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills .
• Good attention to detail .
• Good time management skills .
• Able to work in a team.
• Comfortable with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet research.
• Passion and knowledge of film and games .
• Good presentation skills.
• Marketing literate – understanding of the marketing principles and a keen interest in the marketing function.
What WM can offer you:
• You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
• You will have to opportunity to network and build relationships with professionals, executives, and other students passionate about their field.
• You will work with industry professionals to best position yourself for a full-time position upon graduation/completion of internship.
• You will be enrolled on our Early Careers learning & training programme, as well as having access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers' series, special screenings and more.
• You will have the chance to give back to the community.
• You will be one of over 100 WM Early Careers employees, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please submit your CV (no cover letter required) if you'd like to apply by Sunday 28th November 2021. Within 5 days of submitting your application, you will be invited to complete an application questionnaire via HireVue - you must complete this to be considered for the role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rox056-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.