WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, July 10 at 11:59 PM PST
WarnerMedia Studios Sound Design is the in-house post-production sound department of WarnerMedia Studios. We work closely with all of the WarnerMedia brands, Editorial, and Design/Visual Effects departments to create compelling and creative sound design and dynamic final mixes for our promos, programming elements, and shows .We edit and mix projects for internal and corporate presentations as well as on-air, streaming, and social content Our composers create original music for WarnerMedia projects. We record and edit voiceovers and podcasts using various remote/VoIP solutions
The Sound Design internship is an entry-level position designed for current college students or recent graduates with a passion for post-production sound for picture and a desire to succeed in the media industry. Interns will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best sound editors and mixers in the business, as well as the chance to gain experience in a high-level, fast-paced media production environment.
• Develop your skills by editing and mixing dialogue, sound effects, and music for WarnerMedia Studios content Expand your knowledge of signal flow, digital audio workstations, and the sonic branding of our WarnerMedia partners
• Learn from the talented Sound Design team that works with each WarnerMedia brand: TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, TCM, Turner Sports, and more Sit in on mixes virtually as possible, and learn from pre-existing sessions
• Gain familiarity with broadcast (and other) deliverable specifications, including CALM Act compliance Assist with session archiving and other organizational tasks within the department Collaborate with fellow craftspeople in Editorial and Design/Visual Effects
• Proficiency in Pro Tools and understanding of post-production sound for picture – please include a link to a reel or online portfolio in your resume if you have one available, and make sure to communicate your role in any showcased pieces
• Understanding of file-based workflows, signal flow, and Pro Tools session organization/management
• Willingness to reach out to others in order to learn, and incorporate feedback from peers, managers, and producers
• Motivation and readiness to take initiative to shape this opportunity into the best experience for you
• Ability to recognize opportunities to contribute to the team Ability to work flexible hours as needed Commitment of 40 hours of work per week
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
• Fall 2022 program dates are October 3rd – December 9th; must be available for full program duration
• Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) required
• Company-issued computer or secured remote access provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speaker sessions, professional development workshops, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv523j-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.