Summer Intern - Rights & Clearances
Warner Bros. Discovery
New York, NY
Application Deadline: Friday, M arch 15 th*
* Pro Tip: S ubmit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!*
Your New Role
This internship will be located in the New York City area. The selected intern will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern manager's in-office schedule.
Your Role Accountabilities
Projects will be hands-on and real-world, varying according to the work assignments. As a corporate legal intern, your internship could lead you to work on exciting projects and tasks such as:
• Drafting commercial and digital agreements
• Researching novel legal issues relevant to the media industry
• Supporting litigation efforts in a variety of cases, and so much more
Qualifications & Experience
• Must be a member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
• Must be a first or second-year law student, in good standing at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for the fellowship)
• Must be currently enrolled as a student
• Must have strong college and law school academic performance
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must have an interest and/or curiosity in the media industry
• Must be in academic good standing ( 3.0
or above GPA)
• Warner Bros. Discovery will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Warner Bros. Discovery now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
What to know before applying:
The duration of the summer program regardless of which start/end option is 11 weeks.
Program date options:
Option 1: June 3rd – August 16th
Option 2: June 10th – August 23rd
• Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
• Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
• Warner Bros. Discovery will also award a $10,000 Scholarship to the Intern
• Interviewing will take place from March through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country's boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here's what we offer:
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Mentorship from some of the industry's kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
• Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
• Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
• Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
• A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
• Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn't know you had
• The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: Pay Rate: $45 per hour USD
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj43nw-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.