Summer Intern - Software Testing
Walt Disney Animation Studios
As a Walt Disney Animation Studios Technology Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with a Disney mentor as you explore all aspects of technology in relation to filmmaking. This immersive program offers hands-on experience focused on individual craft and multidisciplinary team collaboration.
Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on government recommendations.
The Technology Studio Tools group is responsible for software used by groups across Disney Animation, including the Editorial and Story departments. As such, we develop tools used by the editors to interface with the rest of production and by the story artists to develop their stories.
We are a small group who develop on Linux, MacOS, and iOS. We work with our users to understand their needs and then develop tools to help make their lives easier and make them more productive. As part of this group you will:
• Work with mentors to develop approaches to explore and tackle technical challenges.
• Build a set of reference data to be used in testing.
• Research and investigate new ideas, building prototypes and validating results.
• Work closely with artists and technical team members to understand workflows and propose solutions.
• Familiarity with Linux and/or MacOS development tools
• Working knowledge of C++ and Python programming
• Experience working with 3rd party audio libraries
• Knowledge of signal processing
• Experience in Machine Learning
• Understanding of on-line non-linear editing
Sophomore, Junior or Senior undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
• At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2021 - August/September 2021. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made.