The Internship Program
Have you wondered how your skills and talents could translate into the world of Animation? Our internship program dives into the craft, technology and operations behind our animated films while developing your skills and connecting you to industry mentors. You'll learn what it means to be a part of a collaborative team and how your unique talents can grow within our studio. Find yourself immersed in hands-on projects and learning guided by our artists, technologists and production leaders.
Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a 10 week paid experience designed for students studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film. The 2022 Summer Intern program begins May 2022. Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on government recommendations.
The deadline for applications is January 16, 2022, 11:59 PM PST.
Am I Eligible?
• 18 years or older
• Enrolled in a post-high school educational program (Community College, College, University, Trade, Online School, or equivalent)
For our 2022 programs, we are committed to providing mentorship and development. Walt Disney Animation Studios' production internship program provides emerging talent with an immersive view of Animation through educational seminars on craft and filmmaking, and individual and collective projects.
The Set Extension Internship
Disney's Set Extension/Digital Matte Painting artists use their knowledge of today's CG tools, combined with their strong painting skills, to seamlessly extend digital environments in a 3D world.
To apply for this position you must upload a resume and a reel with a reel breakdown.
• A competent skill level in painting, composition, perspective, and/or color theory
• Strong artistic skills with willingness to learn new workflows
• Basic skills in programs such as Photoshop, Maya, Nuke, etc.
• Samples of Set Extensions, digital painting and/or traditional painting that demonstrates the ability to match different artistic styles
• Ideal candidates have experience in digital painting, Modeling, Look Development, and/or Lighting within 3D environments.
WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb14jx-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.