The Production Data and Analytics team is responsible for developing a strategy and vision for cross-functional and complex data analysis projects. This team aggregates data across multiple CG-animated productions and transforms it into meaningful insights that inform decision making at both the operational and executive levels.
• Participating in the building of the next generation of statistical models, metrics, and visualizations for our studio
• Contributing to the building of production tools and visualizations that enable the production management teams to run scenarios and build informed plans for our films
• Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, simulation, data analytics, optimization techniques, and data visualization
• Conducting ad-hoc analysis
• Experience collecting, analyzing and manipulating large data sets
• Experience using one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.)
• Experience in data visualization (D3.js, Tableau, Matplotlib, etc.)
• Good communication skills
• Comfortable in a creative environment
• Experience with statistical tools (R, SAS, etc.) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting
• Working towards (or recently graduated with) an undergraduate degree in Analytics, Statistics, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related field
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• At least 18 years of age
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
• Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x58q-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.