Intern - Licensing
Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
Reporting into the Senior Licensing Manager helping support key accounts such as NOW That's What I Call Music and other 3rd Party Labels, working in an overall team of seven. You will be working across all Universal labels and key departments within the group including Marketing and Business Affairs.
Skills & Experience
• Working closely with Licensing colleagues and Product Managers, Universal labels and 3rd Parties clear repertoire in line with key project timescales – this will involve working to tight deadlines
• Liaising with artist's management with the view to obtaining permission to use either Universal Music UK, or other Universal Music Group International tracks for international compilation projects
• To carry out any other reasonable instruction as directed by the Senior Licensing Manager
• Updating and maintaining records of cleared projects so if a problem or question with that project arises, details will be easily accessible
• General administrative duties, including filing finished projects in alphabetical and numerical order
• Helping Universal employee's world-wide to determine rights for tracks and helping with any other queries that arise
• Excellent organisation skills – ability work on a number of projects at any one time
• Comfortable working to deadlines. Support will be given to you should you require
• Excellent IT Skills – must be proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
• Good communication skills - experience of working cross functionally with different teams and at different levels
• Highly self-motivated, capable of using own initiative, and the ability to deal with the routine tasks as well as the more interesting aspects of the role
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbwen-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.