Fall Virtual Intern - Data Engineering
Remote / Virtual
WarnerMedia seeks an Intern for the MSC - Media Software Engineer department.
The Media Supply Chain's Business Technology Systems team is responsible for developing an array of platforms that enable our business users to schedule features and promotional material on all WarnerMedia networks, including HBO Max. Our systems guarantee that content is scheduled within the bounds of our legal rights to utilize those programs, while also ensuring that our programs are properly promoted on our networks with the visually stunning creative marketing for which WarnerMedia is famous.
We seek an intern with experience in software design and development who is looking to gain exciting real-world software engineering experience at a thriving company. This program will have our interns work side-by-side, virtually this year, with the team's software engineers while we develop new features and functionality for our users and business partners. They will be a contributing part of all of our team's daily status and weekly planning meetings, along with any design and problem-solving activities the team conducts.
We frequently work in small teams to solve problems, explore new technologies, and learn from one another. The ideal intern for this environment will be enthusiastic and collaborative and has a sincere desire for learning and growth.
Application Deadline: Monday, June 14th
• Develop software in modern enterprise-class languages and development platforms and new emerging technologies as appropriate
• Agile/Scrum process participation and process improvement
• Capable of working in a collaborative team environment
• Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning, and knows when and how to safely refactor code/artifact
• Currently enrolled in a degree program in a Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, or Mathematics
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a small team environment
• Ability to work in a remote environment
• Experience programming in Java. Experience in Node.js, Angular, AWS, Unix, SQL, MongoDB is a plus.
• Looking for energetic and ''go-getter'' personalities
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Fall 2021 program dates are Sept 20th - Dec 10th 12 ; must be available for full program duration.
• Must be able to accommodate full-time schedule (40 hours/week) for full program duration.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2kx1-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.