Intern - Software Engineering
West Hollywood, CA
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
Core Data Services team is at the center of Data and Analytics initiatives. We are building a modern data platform to support enterprise data needs. Our mission and yours too should you choose to, is to empower and enable our data community of engineers, data scientists, analysts and decision makers to create value.
Core Data Services team consists of Platform engineering team, Data Engineering, Data Enablement and Operations teams. We are building a highly functional, performant modern Data Lake while supporting our current data platforms so the focus is on maximizing functionality, creating value and
content/data assets, cost optimizations and usability of the data delivery and services and all this is the measure of our success and defines us The Core Data Services Team!
You will get hands on experience and exposure to:-
• Working in the agile development methodologies using the Atlassian suite: Jira, Confluence
• Building Data Lakes, Data Warehouses using the big data & cloud stack warehousing data using dimensional/star schema data modeling
• Software development in the Data Science field using Python/Spark/Scala/R/ANSI SQL and Spark SQL
• Workflow automation, orchestration using Airflow, Rundeck, GoAnywhere or the equivalent tools stack
• Data platforms like Databricks, Snowflake, Redshift, Athena/S3, Teradata, Oracle, Google BigQuery, MySQL, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes and related stacks
• Cloud platforms services from Amazon/AWS, Google/GCP
• Structured streaming (Kafka) and batch-based (+cloud) data sources
• Diverse data sources and data formats (xml, json, yaml, parquet, avro, delta) and respective use cases
• Version control systems such as git and CI/CD workflows and practices
• Compliance, privacy-related functionality such as CCPA, GDPR
What will you do?
• You will apply your learnings to solve problems in the data space be it data observability or governance
• You will design, develop, test a data infrastructure for scaling and reliability
• You will tinker and explore application development and deploymenta
• You will contribute to our development framework and help document and test
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• You are currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's in Computer Science/Data Science/Maths or a related technical field.
• You want to build a career in the Data field (Data Science, Big Data, Data Engineering, Data Quality Engineer, Data platform and Data Operations)
• You will bring fresh academic thinking and learnings to the team
Live Nation's policy regarding vaccinations and masking will evolve based upon updated regulations and factors related to COVID-19. Currently, we strongly encourage employees to be fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID test within  hours of entering an office.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2q2p5-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.