The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill's design team is an interdisciplinary group of creative and technical artists, who approach clients' challenges through the aesthetic and process-oriented lens of design. This global group of creatives tackles title sequences, commercials, augmented reality filters and everything in between.
We are looking for individuals who are curious, highly self-motivated, and versatile to join The Mill NY as Design Interns. As a Design intern, you will be working within groups of other designers, art directors, and creative directors to gain real-world production experience within a framework of support on a mix of client-facing and internal projects. You must be detail-oriented, proactive & organized.
The Mill works in many different mediums, so it's vital that you have experience and interest in design, typography, motion graphics animation, character animation, VR/AR/MR/XR, illustration, and 3D design & animation.
• Creating design frames for animation concepts
• Animating and designing elements (GUI/FUI/HUD, typographic, graphics) to be used within projects in-house
• Designing pitch treatments in InDesign and Google Slides
• Working on the re-design and layout of our in-house Design Guide
• Strong portfolio of work showing an understanding of design principles and design-led creative thinking
• Communicate well with others, and remain calm under pressure
• Ability to work efficiently, with excellent time-management and communication skills
• Proficient in Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects
• Some understanding and experience in Cinema 4D
• Spark AR
• Traditional or digital painting, illustration, and/or sculpture
• Animation experience with a good sense of rhythm & timing
• Animation experience within a 3D package (Maya, Cinema 4D, Houdini)
• Cel animation experience
• Writing experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gknnb8-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.