- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
A 2D intern at The Mill will begin with a series of training shots designed to educate and test the skills of the individual. They will regularly meet with an assigned mentor and the joint Heads of 2D to critique and evaluate their progress. Once the training shots have been successfully completed they will begin to work on high profile projects for global advertising agencies. As a result they will have an in-depth understanding of how to technically and creatively realize the unique look and feel of a Mill project and an invaluable understanding and knowledge of the technology, bespoke applications, workflow, methodologies and pipeline across six offices, strong relationships with their peers in those locations and a clear understanding of the high level of creative output required.
A 2D Intern will be given guidance and mentorship for every task they perform from a compositor or a Lead Compositor. No task is too small for the 2D intern, some of which will include:
• Compositing live action plates, CG renders and a combination of both.
• Working collaboratively with other members of the Compositing team and other VFX departments and locations.
• Extracting mattes from blue/green screen photography using Keylight, Primatte or IBK
• Basic 2D and 3D camera tracking
• Basic photoreal CG integration into live action plates
• Basic set extensions
• Basic matte painting projections utilizing 3D cameras and geometry
• Basic beauty work
• Basic car augmentation
• Basic photoreal full CG compositing
• Paint and rotoscoping
• Experience in Compositing with Nuke for advanced VFX / photo-real projects including CG integration
• Excellent people and project management skills.
• A strong creative eye and a problem-solving attitude.
• Great communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• A Team player with great attitude
• Dependable and flexible
• Takes direction well and exercises close attention to detail
• Good understanding of roto techniques and best practices
• Good understanding of 2D tracking
• Solid knowledge of CG rendering and compositing multi-channel EXRs
• Experience with IBK, Primatte or Keylight
• Knowledge of Nuke's 3D system
• Knowledge of other VFX software such as Maya or Mocha is an advantage.
• Basic knowledge of Flame or Nuke studio is an advantage
• Pursuing a degree in VFX or equivalent professional experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34v79-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.