Summer Remote Intern - News
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Become a NBC 5 Chicago and Telemundo Chicago intern and learn broadcasting and digital from our world-class teams!
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
The NBCUniversal paid internship program gives students real world experience, networking opportunities and exposure to one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. Students can intern in a variety of functions including news, ad sales, finance, community and creative services.
PLEASE READ INTERNSHIP INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
• Application deadline is February 15, 2021. Interested candidates should apply by this date
• Program generally runs from June through August
• Fully remote/virtual experience
• Within your cover letter, list at least 3 departments you would like to intern in and answer the following questions:
• What are your career goals?
• How would an NBC or Telemundo Internship help you achieve your goals?
• What related experiences or contributions can you bring to NBC or Telemundo if selected for an Internship?
• Are you bi-lingual (English/Spanish)? Are you fluent: speaking, reading or writing?
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Recent graduates will NOT be eligible for this program
• At least one (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher and/or advisor
• Current transcript from College/University
• You must meet the basic qualifications to be considered for an internship
*Please review the basic qualifications carefully*
Opportunities are available in the following departments:
• News: Telemundo
• Investigative Unit: NBC 5 and Telemundo
• Research: NBC 5/Telemundo
• Integrated Sales: NBC 5/Telemundo
• Digital Media: NBC 5 /Telemundo
• Chicago Today: NBC 5
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US without a Visa or sponsorship
• Eager to Learn
• Work as a team player
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Previous Internship Experience
• Bilingual - English/Spanish preferred