Summer Intern - News
NBC10|Telemundo62 is currently recruiting students for our college internship program. The internships provide a professional learning experience and an opportunity for students to explore careers in the broadcast industry.
• NBC10|T62 Internships are offered during the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters (maximum of 24 hours during the Spring/Fall and maximum of 40 hours during the Summer).
• All internships are paid.
• Housing and transportation assistance is not provided by the internship program.
• Each student is assigned to a station supervisor for the duration of the internship
• At NBC10|T62, labor contracts prevent interns from performing union duties. These duties include news writing, working with technical equipment and directing. While ''hands on'' experience is not available in certain roles, you'll be able to observe and get to know a group of very talented broadcast professionals who have many years of experience and a willingness to share their knowledge.
NBC10 is seeking summer news interns. Interns will learn about the day-to-day operations of the news industry and will have the opportunity to accompany reporters and crews on stories and produce team news stories online and for demo reels. This internship is based out of
our state of the art facility at the Comcast Technology Center in Philadelphia, PA.
• Shadow each sub-department in the Eng/Ops department:
• 11 sub-departments include: Media Specialists, DOC operators, Directors, APC operators, Floor Directors, IT, Engineering Maintenance, ENG shop maintenance, Building/Facility, EHS and management/administrative
• Follow a structured schedule to rotate through departments.
• Learn about their duties and impact to the on-air product of NBC10.
• Assist sub-departments with projects/tasks within Union rules.
• Work on and create projects to produce materials for use/reference by Engineering and/or News department
• Including but not limited to: training manuals, SOPs, user manuals, maps, reference lists, informational flyers, visual aids
• Assist Eng/Ops VP and Coordinator with tasks to help the Engineering/Operations department run more efficiently.
• Assist Media Specialists with consolidation of Tape Library and logs as the Engineering and Operations department moves into a digital filing age.
• To be eligible for an NBC10|T62 Internship, you must be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree at an accredited institution.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States.
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
• Able to work independently
• Well organized
• Technical knowledge