Summer Intern - News
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Become an NBC10/Telemundo62 intern and learn broadcasting and digital from our world-class teams! NBCUniversal is committed to developing early career talent, and in this unprecedented time, we remain even more focused on helping our interns realize their potential and dreams. NBCU interns are a diverse and curious community of innovators and trailblazers. The NBCUniversal paid internship program gives students real-world experience, networking opportunities, and exposure to one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
• News: Assist in researching, writing, and producing live newscasts, including newsgathering for daily newscasts, creating and stacking rundowns, and writing accurate and engaging scripts.
• Digital: Contribute to our digital platforms and participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Brand Marketing: Support innovative cross-functional marketing strategies and go-to-market plans.
• Human Resources: Develop strategic communications and programming focused on the employee experience.
• Finance and Accounting: Gain exposure to a wide variety of financial projects, including accounts payable processing, reconciling balances, expense tracking, and system implementations.
• Technology & operations: Gain exposure to IT, Engineering, Projects, Production Operations, & user support in a mission critical environment
• Sales: Support sales team with day-to-day projects, including strategy and research for upcoming and current deals, data analysis, Excel calculations, and general administrative tasks for the department.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus
Additional Job Requirements
If selected for an in-person/hybrid internship, must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA.
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Strong interest in the media industry
• Commitment to building an inclusive work environment
• Organized with an acute attention to detail and focus on delivering excellence
• Data-driven thinker who uses insights and analysis to guide strategies and make decisions
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical, and project management skills
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Previous internship experience and on-campus involvement
• Desired majors: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Political Science, Production, Public Relations/Marketing, Social Media, English, Business
Application Deadline: Summer Internship postings are live for a limited time only, apply today!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7z429-3-238-180-255-42 in your application.