Summer Intern - Digital News
NBC10|Telemundo62 is currently recruiting students for our college internship program. The internships provide a professional learning experience and an opportunity for students to explore careers in the broadcast industry.
• NBC10|T62 Internships are offered during the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters (maximum of 24 hours during the Spring/Fall and maximum of 40 hours during the Summer).
• All internships are paid.
• Housing and transportation assistance is not provided by the internship program.
• Each student is assigned to a station supervisor for the duration of the internship
• At NBC10|T62, labor contracts prevent interns from performing union duties. These duties include news writing, working with technical equipment and directing. While ''hands on'' experience is not available in certain roles, you'll be able to observe and get to know a group of very talented broadcast professionals who have many years of experience and a willingness to share their knowledge.
Telemundo62 in Philadelphia, PA, is looking for a digital intern to help plan and develop unique digital content for Telemundo62. This intern will play a major role in supporting the digital team by finding high-interest stories and helping post content to digital and social platforms, including articles, videos, social posts and interactive content. The digital intern is also expected to assist editors and producers by conducting research and compiling information for special sections, enterprise stories and breaking news events. This internship is based out of our state of the art Comcast Technology Center.
• Systems and Workflow: Understand how we approach content discovery, production and delivery. Gain confidence in abilities to enterprise and produce good stories
• Daily Briefs: occasionally represent the digital team each during the editorial meeting, briefing news staff on analytics, stories in the works and content that's ideal for sharing with broadcast viewers.
• Daily original reporting: help report out story ideas, getting whatever support the digital team needs for each assignment.
• Shift Assignment: Master publishing tools, systems and original reporting.
• Professionalism: relationship-building and professional presence. Shows up to work on time, no excessive absences. Learns how to problem solve with maturity. Handles issues with appropriate urgency. Meets deadlines. Learns ins and outs of the daily workings of a local news room.
• Presentation: Successfully completes a presentation of experience in a way that is engaging and shows off technical/creative skills.
• Experience in writing, video and social media
• Flexibility, including the ability to thrive in a team-based work structure
• Adobe creative suite skills are preferred
• HTML and Photoshop skills are preferred
• Video-editing skills are preferred
• To be eligible for an NBC10|T62 Internship, you must be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree at an accredited institution.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States.
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
• Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal