- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
2024 Summer Producer - Show Intern (Multiple Locations)
A Summer Well Spent
Share stories that matter, reflect the diversity of the region, and serve the greater good of our local communities.
This internship will begin on June 3 and run through August 9.
Interns will be placed at TEGNA stations around the country. The available locations are:
• Atlanta, GA
• Austin, TX
• Beaumont, TX
• Buffalo, NY
• Charlotte, NC
• Cleveland, OH
• Columbus, OH
• Corpus Christi, TX
• Dallas, TX
• Denver, CO
• Knoxville, TN
• Macon, GA
• Memphis, TN
• New Orleans, LA
• Norfolk, VA
• Sacramento, CA
• San Diego, CA
• Scranton, PA
• Seattle, WA
• Spokane, WA
• St. Louis, MO
• Toledo, OH
• Tyler, TX
What Will You Be Doing as a Producer (Show) Intern?
• Assist producers and editors create content for shows
• Produce engaging content for our broadcast shows
• Pitch ideas or feedback on stories, production formats, and content under review
• Conduct research relative to content development, best practices, and other topics of interest
• Leverage social media and other tools to understand the audience's needs
• Attend production meetings
• Work alongside on-air and segment producers, editors, news writers, anchors, and occasionally travel with journalists for stories and live remotes.
• Collaborate with TEGNA staffers on special projects as needed
Many of our interns have transitioned to full-time roles within our newsroom. We are looking for rising journalists who embody TEGNA's curiosity to create meaningful content, spirit to innovate, willingness to identify new opportunities and are passionate about learning.
How is this Internship Different?
• Resume and portfolio ready assignments – You'll engage in hands-on meaningful work assignments that can be directly showcased on your resume and professional portfolio
• Talent Development – At TEGNA, we believe in growing our talent. You'll participate in career development sessions tailored to kick-start your career.
• Media Professional Networking – You'll network and build relationships with top–tier media professionals.
• Guided mentorship and support – You'll work alongside supportive colleagues who are dedicated to helping you reach your professional goals.
• Paid Internship - Enjoy the advantage of a paid internship that values your contributions. The standard compensation rate is $15.00 per hour unless a higher state minimum wage overrides it. Notable exceptions include:
• Denver, CO - $18.29 per hour
• Sacramento, CA - $16.00 per hour
• San Diego, CA - $16.30 per hour
• Seattle, WA - $18.69 per hour
• Spokane, WA - $15.74 per hour
• In your application, please include: your resume, a cover letter why TEGNA and what you can bring to the TEGNA newsroom, any published stories
• You are a current junior or senior at a US college/university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• You are studying journalism, communications, or a related field
• Solid news judgment with an understanding of journalistic standards and editorial ethics
• Experience with publishing platforms, current digital and social media technologies and SEO best practices
• Prior experience in fact-checking, reporting, writing, and editing
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• You have strong organizational skills and the ability to work calmly under deadlines and in breaking news situation
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
(NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities
Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions
With 64 television stations in 51 U.S
markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide
TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest
TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service
For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x81k-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.