- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
2024 Summer Marketing Intern (Multiple Locations)
A Summer Well Spent
Intern? Do you mean the person who fetches coffee and handles our administrative work? Yeah, that's not what our internship program stands for. We're looking for the best of the best to help us reinvent local journalism in the digital age. If you are creative at heart, a strategist on the rise, or a data-obsessed analyst who loves the news media and believes in the power of good journalism, you're just what we're looking for.
This internship will begin on June 3 and run through August 9.
Interns will be placed at TEGNA stations around the country. The available locations are:
• Atlanta, GA
• Beaumont, TX
• Boise, ID
• Charlotte, NC
• Memphis, TN
• San Diego, CA
• Seattle, WA
• Spokane, WA
• Sacramento, CA
• San Antonio, TX
• St. Louis, MO
• Toledo, OH
• Tyler, TX
• Washington, DC
What Will You Be Doing as a Marketing Intern?
• Produce engaging and original marketing creative for distribution on television, online, social, across streaming and more.
• Leverage social media and other tools to understand the audience's needs
• Shadow Marketing Directors to help develop creative marketing strategies to increase audience
• Help generate ideas on advertising and consumer promotions
• Assist in the development and execution of brand product strategy and plans
How is this Internship Different?
• Resume and portfolio ready assignments – You'll engage in hands-on meaningful work assignments that can be directly showcased on your resume and professional portfolio
• Talent Development – At TEGNA, we believe in growing our talent. You'll participate in career development sessions tailored to kick-start your career.
• Media Professional Networking – You'll network and build relationships with top–tier media professionals.
• Guided mentorship and support – You'll work alongside supportive colleagues who are dedicated to helping you reach your professional goals.
• Paid Internship - Enjoy the advantage of a paid internship that values your contributions. The standard compensation rate is $15.00 per hour unless a higher state minimum wage overrides it. Notable exceptions include:
• Sacramento, CA - $16.00 per hour
• San Diego, CA - $16.30 per hour
• Seattle, WA - $18.69 per hour
• Spokane, WA - $15.74 per hour
• In your application, please include: your resume and at least 3 marketing work samples
• You are a current junior or senior at a US college/university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• You are studying marketing, advertising, video production, or related field preferred
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Must be an effective communicator in a fast-paced environment across all departments
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and other video production tools, such as Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
(NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities
Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions
With 64 television stations in 51 U.S
markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide
TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest
TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service
For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv214w-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.