Spring Virtual Intern - Programming Strategy & Operations
Remote / Virtual
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 29 at 11:59 PM EST
TBS/TNT/truTV Programming Strategy & Operations groups are responsible for implementing the scheduling and formatting philosophies of the networks through strategic programming and formatting initiatives for both linear and non-linear viewing platforms. Our group works to achieve the networks' programming, marketing, and promotional goals while maintaining key demo delivery and commercial audience retention for TBS, TNT, & truTV original series, licensed series, movies, specials, and stunts. In addition, our group is charged with the task of providing inventory flexibility for Ad Sales in support of our revenue goals. We also work closely with the Acquisitions, Finance, Marketing, Research, Development, Public Relations, and On-Air Creative teams to ensure that our networks are programmed and formatted in such a way that creates a best in class viewing experience across all platforms.
The goal of the TBS/TNT/truTV Programming Strategy & Operations internship is to offer a balance of practical experience and industry education related to the operation of WarnerMedia's top-rated cable networks. The selected Intern will take an active role in the group's goal of creating the best viewer experience while maximizing revenue potential and leveraging business efficiencies.
Intern will have the opportunity to assist with:
• Competitive network multi-platform screening and analysis.
• Brainstorming programming strategy, show launch, and stunt ideas.
• Screening of TBS/TNT/truTV programming for placement of on-screen graphics.
• Tracking, coordinating, and reporting on-air elements (barter, sponsorships, etc)
• Quality control and delivery of on-air network promotion.
• Deep dive analyses of programming, formatting, and promotional strategies and industry hot topics.
• Engage in educational opportunities such as professional development courses, informational sessions, and networking designed to broaden industry knowledge.
• Should be self-motivated, have the ability to work in a virtual team environment and multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
• A passion for television programming strategies, tactics, and the competitive television landscape.
• Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines and pressure.
• Highly developed written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff, and external professionals.
• We're looking for someone who's eager to learn and feels comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Individual must be a self-starter.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of television programming concepts a plus.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Spring 2022 program dates are January 24th - April 15th; must be available for full program duration.
• Part-time schedule (16-20 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x9mq-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.