Our mission is to delight, engage, and inspire you through real-life storytelling.
Who are we?
We are a modern media company that engages a global audience of more than 300 million monthly viewers on all major digital, mobile, and streaming television platforms, streaming 2.5+ billion views each month. We create award-winning video content and original programming in the categories of Food, Travel, and Home & Design that we share with an engaged, passionate, and global community. Tastemade is built upon real data and an innovative approach to programming. We are changing the way the world watches, experiences, and engages with premium lifestyle content.
What are we looking for?
The purpose of the Tastemade Internship is to support a diverse cohort of college students in their pursuit to their chosen career paths in the media industry. The internship will provide space for meaningful relationships, access to knowledge directly from the media field, and professional development to students during a 16 week virtual program. We are looking for passionate students who are eager to learn and make an impact through their chosen craft.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Tastemade oversees the recruitment process end to end and drives our diversity initiatives. In this Internship, you will explore and learn about Tastemade's modern and equitable approach to Talent Acquisition and DEI strategy as we continually strive to support the people that work here. The ideal candidate is a people person at heart, and someone who is passionate about driving equitable work environments.
This Internship is unique as we are looking for someone who is ready to get applicable experience in both Talent Acquisition and DEI strategy. The ideal candidate is not afraid to pick up the phone and talk about what they are passionate about, they are detail oriented, organized and are naturally curious. You are likely someone who thrives in spaces where you have to find answers. Our Talent Acquisition and DEI Internship will span a total of 16 weeks. This person will play a key role in building and creating an experience for our internship cohort and get hands-on experience on what it means for an employer to provide an amazing experience.
• Tell a great story. Develop original and untold stories that inspire, excite, and delight. Great storytelling has the power to not only entertain but to shape culture.
• Embrace our world. Be globally-minded-value inclusivity and diversity, respect the richness of all cultures, and appreciate those who are different from yourself.
• Be constantly curious. Ask questions. Find answers. Always look for opportunities to learn and experience something new.
• Create community through experience. Treat every moment as an opportunity to create meaningful experiences to share. Shared moments build community.
• Own the Outcome. Think and act like an owner. You are entrusted to do what is best for Tastemade and for our community.
What you'll be doing:
• Meet weekly with a cohort of interns who are passionate about making waves in media
• Conduct 30 day and end of internship check ins and/or surveys with interns and present findings to our leadership team
• Establish onboarding and off-boarding process for internship cohort
• Support facilitation of our weekly internship cohort meetings
• Present a culminating project presented to the Tastemade team in a company wide all hands meeting
• Learn the fundamentals of how roles are created and recruited for
• Spend time meeting with hiring managers/ conducting ''job launch calls'' to better understand their requirements for new hires and interns.
• Perform cold outreach to candidates via Linkedin
• Screen resumes using our ATS (Jazz HR)
• Build a rock solid interview schedule along with our Talent Acquisition and DEI Team
• Learn sourcing best practices and how to conduct effective interviews
• Gain an understanding of Tastemade's DEI Strategy
• Establish a working understanding of how companies set up DEI goals and measure success
• Present a culminating project presented to the Tastemade team
What You'll Bring:
• College student seeking a profession in People Operations (HR, Talent acquisition, Culture) and/or DEI.
• Passion for helping others
• Passion and commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
• Natural curiosity
• Positive attitude
• This opportunity will be a paid internship at $15.00 an hour OR interns can use this opportunity for school credit through student's chosen school/university (this will be subject to your school's approval)
• This opportunity will start May 9th and end the week of August 26th.
• To participate, you must be available for 2 hours on Monday from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific, as well as a total of 8 hours between two of the following days; Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Total hours will be 10 per week.
• Students must be Junior or Senior in College
• This opportunity will be hybrid, working both virtually and at our Tastemade HQ in Santa Monica. Interns must be located in the Los Angeles area.
We're an equal opportunity employer. We most decidedly are an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmzp32-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.