Remote Intern - Localization & Translation
Remote / Virtual
Are you organized, empathetic, and a critical thinker? Do you love watching movies and streaming original series? Have you thought about entering the exciting field of User Experience Research? If so, STARZ is looking for a UX Research Intern to help us in our mission of creating a world-class streaming experience.
For two months, our UX research Intern will shadow a Senior UX Researcher remotely and learn all about the process of gathering user data and using it to help drive our application and web design decisions.
Please submit a resume and cover letter and a portfolio of any school UX research projects to be considered for this role.
Our Intern will have the opportunity to:
• Develop a domain knowledge and an understanding of our users and their goals and behaviors.
• Collaborate with the cross-functional design team and our stakeholders to identify research opportunities and manage research projects.
• Plan research strategies and prescribe appropriate methodologies to answer questions and inform the experience design.
• Conduct various remote research activities, including surveys, first-click studies, Usability studies, user interviews, diary studies, etc.
• Learn to gather qualitative and quantitative data, analyze findings and contribute actionable insights.
• Help the team remain focused on the user and their needs throughout the design process.
• Be a part of an incredible UX team
UX Research Intern Candidates should:
• Be pursuing a degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, or any UX-related design field.
• Be within a year of your graduation date.
• Have an understanding of general user experience research methods and techniques.
• Know the process of conducting a research study (design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, and storytelling).
• Have good analytical, social, communication, and presentation skills.
• Be able to help the team to apply research insights to designs and workflows.
• Have familiarity with Agile Development, Lean UX, and Design thinking process.
• Love watching movies and original series on their mobile, web, and streaming TV platforms.
During the internship, you will:
• Be assigned to a Manager/Mentor who is dedicated to your success.
• Be given projects and assignments to help build your knowledge and skills while directly impacting our products.
• Have the opportunities to present your work and projects and build a portfolio and body of experience.
Lionsgate Virtual Remote Internship Program –Summer 2021
Program Dates: June 21st–August 27th, 2021
The Lionsgate Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth and career opportunities.
**Lionsgate has remote/virtual positions available within the United States to qualified individuals who live in certain areas of the United States. Remote opportunities are not available in all areas--specific questions about virtual/remote positions will be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.**
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The Lionsgate Summer 2021 Internship program dates are: June 21st–August 27th, 2021.
All interns are required to attend orientation on Monday, June 21st, 2021.
• All internships will be virtual and remote
• Interns can work a minimum of 30 hours/week and up to a maximum of 40 hours/week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) toyour preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-paged resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (Optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate &
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.