The Starz Original Programming department is seeking a virtual intern for Summer 2021. This intern will be working closely with the Original Programming team to analyze incoming story properties for potential development at the network as well as building a firm base of knowledge of the Starz network and entertainment industry in general to ensure success in future roles.
The goal of the internship is to introduce students to the world of premium cable development and current programming- from pitch to premiere and beyond. This will be done by familiarizing them with the industry in general, the network component, as well as engaging their creative analysis instincts primarily through writing coverage, a valuable service to the department and to the interns who will be expected to be able to synthesize material later in their career. They will also communicate with assistants and executives and to build a base of experience to help them far after finishing the program.
The Starz Original Programming department is responsible for creative development and management of STARZ domestic television and streaming slate. The team is responsible for bringing in new projects that align to the STARZ brand and interfaces with creatives, representatives, and production through all phases from inception to production of ongoing seasons of content.
• Primary duties include script reading, coverage, research, learning the notes process, and basic administrative grid upkeep. Interns will have plenty of opportunity to observe and participate in development conversations regarding active and internal development projects. An interest in books, and a fast reader is a positive for any candidate. The team is interested in fostering an aspiring scripted television executive's skill across all areas of scripted development.
• Intern will have one-on-one time with OP assistants, giving them a chance to see the day-to-day aspects of the job for that next step and providing an opportunity for us to track their progress and comprehension
• Internship will culminate in a final project where intern will pick a different part of the industry that interests them (eg: agency, studio, production company, management) and compile a snapshot of that particular area. The intern will then work to put together a presentation that explains each aspect of the industry, their roles, and their relationships to each other. In addition to providing a big picture of the industry as a whole we believe this will also help identify additional professional opportunities that are open to them as they head into the industry
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interest in media and visual storytelling, particularly in Television and Film
• Skilled in Microsoft Office suite
Lionsgate Virtual Remote Internship Program –Summer 2021
Program Dates: June 21st–August 27th, 2021
The Lionsgate Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth and career opportunities.
**Lionsgate has remote/virtual positions available within the United States to qualified individuals who live in certain areas of the United States. Remote opportunities are not available in all areas--specific questions about virtual/remote positions will be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.**
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The Lionsgate Summer 2021 Internship program dates are: June 21st–August 27th, 2021.
All interns are required to attend orientation on Monday, June 21st, 2021.
• All internships will be virtual and remote
• Interns can work a minimum of 30 hours/week and up to a maximum of 40 hours/week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) toyour preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-paged resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (Optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate &
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles