Summary of Position
STARZ Events is seeking an intern for Summer 2024. This intern will work closely with the Los Angeles Events and Publicity team to assist with daily tasks, projects, and overall series events. Experience in events and communications is highly preferred.
• Support events team on the production of upcoming STARZ premieres, Take the Lead initiatives, and FYC screenings
• Review event trades and gather weekly event press clips
• Create, maintain, and share trend report of competitive events across premieres, FYC screenings, and other relevant entertainment events
• Contribute to the brainstorming of event strategy and creative for STARZ titles
• Research new venues, source contacts, and update ongoing venue resource document
• Assist with event run of shows, itineraries, hotel room blocks, and other administrative tasks, as assigned
• Support Director, Events Technical Production with ongoing tech admin support
• Participate in offsite events, including preparation and execution onsite
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
• Critical thinker, uses all available resources
• Skilled in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
• Familiarity with industry trades outlets, and an interest in keeping up to date on latest trends in film and television and entertainment events
• Seeking a degree in Marketing, Publicity/PR, Communications, Media, Liberal Arts or a similar field
The pay rate for this internship is $18/hr.
Lionsgate and Starz Internship Program –Summer 2024
Program Dates: Tuesday, June 11th – Friday, August 16th, 2024 (10 Weeks)
The Lionsgate and Starz Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit, and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth, and career opportunities.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The Lionsgate and Starz Summer 2024 Internship program dates are: June 11th–August 16th, 2024.
All interns are required to attend orientation on Tuesday, June 11th, 2024.
• Interns must not work more than 36 hours per week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
• Most internship positions will require working 4 days in office
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) to your preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate & Starz
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. STARZ is available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
The STARZ Events team is responsible for producing and overseeing domestic events, festivals, panels and screenings under the Publicity for STARZ original series. The department works closely with cross-functional teams at STARZ to strategize and develop creative campaigns to maximize press coverage in support of the network series and talent.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4471-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.