Summary of Position
The Content Operations, Video Editor Intern will spend time assisting Finishing Editors in the Content Operations department. They will have the opportunity to sit with and learn from professional Video Editors working in a fast-paced, high demand, post-production environment. An applicant for this position should have a passion for movies and original programming and an interest in creating promotional content.
Skills that will be learned include customizing promotional material for various distribution needs, the application of Adobe Premiere as a professional editing tool, color grading shoot materials, the evaluation of an asset to ensure that it meets technical delivery specifications and coordinating with cross-functional teams, ushering projects through to completion.
• Assist in the set-up Adobe Premiere projects for edit sessions
• Evaluating assets to ensure that they meet technical specifications prior to delivery
• Learning about the color grading process
• Assist in the creation of deliverables
• Ad hoc projects as they arise
• Candidate should have a working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
• Basic knowledge of the technical aspects of audio and video post-production, such as frame rate, timecode, sound design, etc.
• Excellent communication skills
• A passion for movies, original programming, and content creation
Lionsgate and Starz Internship Program –Summer 2024
Program Dates: Tuesday, June 11th – Friday, August 16th, 2024 (10 Weeks)
The Lionsgate and Starz Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit, and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth, and career opportunities.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The pay rate for this internship is $18/hr.
The Lionsgate and Starz Summer 2024 Internship program dates are: June 11th–August 16th, 2024.
All interns are required to attend orientation on Tuesday, June 11th, 2024.
• Interns must not work more than 36 hours per week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
• Most internship positions will require working 4 days in office
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) to your preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate & Starz
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. STARZ is available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4pj0-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.