STARZ - Intern, Content Operations (Post Production Video)
The Content Operations, Video Editor Intern will spend time assisting Finishing Editors in the Content Operations department. They will have the opportunity to sit with and learn from professional Video Editors working in a fast-pace, high demand, post-production environment. An applicant for this position should have a passion for creating promotional content and streaming Starz programming.
Skills that will be learned include: how to customize promotional material for various distribution needs, how to use Adobe Premiere as a professional editing tool, how to color grade shoot materials, how to evaluate an asset to ensure that it meets technical delivery specifications and how to work with multiple teams to see a project through to completion.
• Assist in the set-up Adobe Premiere projects for edit sessions
• Evaluating assets to ensure that they meet technical specifications prior to delivery
• Learning about the coloring grading process
• Assist in the creation of deliverables
• Ad hoc projects as they arise
• As a final project, the intern will create promotional material for one of Starz' shows or movies
• Candidate should have a working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
• Basic knowledge of the technical aspects of audio and video post-production, such as frame rate, timecode, sound design, etc.
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Willingness to sit, watch, and learn- much of this internship will consist of shadowing Video Editors until candidate is up to speed on the various projects within the department
Lionsgate Internship Program – Summer 2023
Program Date: June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023
The Lionsgate Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth and career opportunities.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The Lionsgate Summer 2023 Internship program dates are: June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023
All interns are required to attend orientation on Monday, June 5, 2023.
• Internship will be onsite
• Interns can work a minimum of 30 hours/week and up to a maximum of 40 hours/week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) to your preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate & Starz
$17.00 per hour
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz052-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.