Intern - Emerging Market Apprenticeship
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Emerging Market Apprenticeship (12-month program abroad In India)
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We've played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We've nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we're committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Sony Music Entertainment has under its roster a rich and storied history of iconic artists like Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Shakira, Mariah Carey and Britney Spears and today's superstars like Harry Styles, Camila Cabello, Travis Scott and Khalid, pan-Indian superstar Raftaar, pop sensation AKASA, new age artists like OAFF-Savera, Mitraz, Talwiinder and South India's biggest acts like Anirudh, A.R. Rahman, GV Prakash, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Devi Sri Prasad, Thaman S, Vivek-Mervin, Darbuka Siva and Ghibran including several decades-long relationships with Dharma Productions, Maddock Films, Red Chillies Entertainment, Vishesh Films, Madras Talkies, Raaj Kamal Films International. Seven Screen Studio, The Route, Mythri Movie Makers, Vyjayanthi Movies and SVCC among others. On offer is a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history spread across multiple genres, languages, and geographies.
What you'll do:
This exciting apprenticeship will provide an opportunity for knowledge sharing and cultural exchange across two dynamic SME markets. Candidates will gain global perspective and understanding of international trends in a dynamic emerging market.
This 12-month structured apprenticeship program will offer:
• 'First-hand' experience to deep dive into India's Music landscape
• Projects and stints across SME India verticals/geographies and other Sony Music Group Companies of the Orchard and Sony Music Publishing
• A rare opportunity for personalized mentorship by experienced leaders at SME India
• Exclusive learning programs including two online courses from Berklee
Career coaching along with an opportunity of final placement with SME India basis of your performance, potential, career aspirations and organizational requirements
Who you are:
• Bachelors Degree or Management/Business Graduates with focus in music/ media/entertainment/marketing
• Passion and understanding of music
• Deep Passion for and participation in Pop Culture
• Curiosity to learn about the music landscape in new, emerging markets
• Previous internship or experience in music industry would be a competitive advantage, or Working/Internship/Volunteering/pro bono international work experience
• Strong interpersonal skills with a track record of creating a network of connections
• An entrepreneurial and business savvy mindset and/or creatively inclined
• Adaptable and able to resolve issues independently
• Winter 2023 and Spring 2024 college graduate cohort
• Ability to relocate abroad to India for the entirety of the 12-month program starting in June of 2024
What we give you:
• Stipend of USD 1.5K per month
• Individual Accommodation
• One Annual Return flight, visa and relocation support as per company policy
• Public holidays as per local market practice and 3 weeks paid holiday over the 12 months.
• Inclusion in comprehensive medical insurance scheme as per the prevailing local policy, for the period of apprenticeship
• Travel benefits and reimbursements for official travel within India as per local policy
• An inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
California Pay Range
$18,000 - $18,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x6ym-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.