Fall Intern - Sports
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThese internships are offered to selected participants currently enrolled institutions of higher learning. Student interns will experience all phases of a major market television station's day-to-day operations as a supplement to their academic curriculum.
Internship responsibilities in the Sports Department include:
- Research breaking sports stories
- Shadow Sportscasters in the field to include interviewing DC area sports team's players and coaches
- Write sport stories for the ABC 7/WJLA TV website
Internship Stipend: No stipend
Note: This internship will be unpaid. The applicant must receive academic credit for the internship experience.
ABC 7/WJLA 24/7 News internships are made available to juniors and senior registered in a four-year undergraduate program at an accredited college or university. Graduate students and students entering their second year in a two-year junior or community college program may also be considered. Applicants should possess declared majors in communications, journalism, broadcast production techniques or some similar related area. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
The applicant must receive academic credit for the internship experience.
• A current college student who boasts a strong academic record
• Able to receive college credit for this internship
• A responsible professional who has prior internship and/or work experience
• A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
• A creative self-starter who can communicate effectively and work well under constant deadline
• Willing to work mornings, nights and/ or weekends to support our newscasts varying hours: We will do our best to work with your schedule
You must submit the following:
• Cover letter: Please include answers to the following questions:
• Why are you interested in working with WJLA?
• What are your career goals?
• One letter of recommendation
• Copy of your academic transcript
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can be attached to your online application or mailed to:
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1100 Wilson Blvd, 6th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
*Incomplete submissions will not be considered!
Internship available and application deadlines: Friday, September 16th, 2022
Please Note: New inquiries/resumes for Fall Internships will NOT be processed after Friday, September 16th, 2022
Internship/HR Coordinator and Contact information
Adini Parikh, Human Resources Coordinator
Office Phone: 703-236-9217, Work Phone: 571-289-4098
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1xkj-44-197-198-214-42 in your application.