Summer Intern - Fox Corporation Program
New York, NY
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Intern will assist with the daily operations of the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and support efforts to develop and maintain DEI initiatives at Sesame Workshop. Candidates should be able to work 15-20 hours a week, and the internship will last approximately 10 weeks through the months of February to April 2024.
Please note: Sesame Workshop employees adhere to a hybrid schedule and work in the office three days a week. On the other days the team works from home. The intern would ideally be able to join us in-office on two or all three of those days, depending on their academic schedule.
Some tasks will include:
• Help research speakers and volunteer opportunities for heritage/awareness months and DEI-related events
• Brainstorm additional DEI-related employee engagement opportunities
• Support Employee Resource Groups as needed, including helping to coordinate meetings, events, and programs
• Ensure external and internal meetings and conference calls are planned effectively and run smoothly by managing invites and conference call details, preparing meeting materials, minutes and actions, coordinating follow-up, and organizing meeting logistics
• Support event coordination including department events and presentations, as well as events for staff to support DEI and culture
• Provide support to administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, travel and arrange expense reports
• Maintain and file department/event assets (agendas, research, production schedules, budgets, travel, etc.)
• Maintain a current database of conferences, workshops, event hosts, and organizational partners
• Provide additional support as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook is a plus
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized
• Must be pursuing a degree
• Must be an undergraduate Junior/Senior
• Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
You will need to provide a resume and cover letter which outlines your goals for an internship.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy26x0-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.