Mobile Developer (Android) Internship (Hybrid)
Corporate Area: Digital and Marketing
Department: Product Development
Supervisor Title: Senior Engineer
Time Commitment: 40 hours/week, June 2023 – August 2023
Compensation: $15/hour for undergraduate students, $17/hour for graduate students
The Android Engineering Department is responsible for the development and maintenance of PBS Android applications. Our team is dedicated to delivering high-quality, user-friendly, video streaming to our PBS viewers.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Intern for creating and testing our Android and Amazon video streaming service. The intern will be working on developing and testing new features for our video streaming service using Kotlin and Java. The intern will be working closely with our experienced Android engineers to learn about the latest industry best practices and technologies.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain features for the PBS Android video streaming service.
• Collaborate with the team to plan, design, and implement new features.
• Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to colleagues.
• Write and maintain comprehensive test cases to ensure the quality of the code.
• Troubleshoot and debug issues, and work to find solutions to technical problems.
Requirements for success:
• Currently enrolled in a computer science program at a college or university.
• At least 1 year of experience in either Kotlin or Java programming languages.
• Knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and testing.
• Familiarity with Android development and experience with Android Studio.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
Skills the Intern may gain:
This internship offers a valuable opportunity for the candidate to gain hands-on experience working on an Android video streaming service with over a million active users. As an intern, the candidate will work in an agile development environment and contribute to a mature continuous integration and development (CI/CD) process. This will give the candidate a chance to see how software development works in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and how teams collaborate to deliver high-quality and reliable solutions. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on real-world projects and see the direct impact of their work on the app's users. This experience will not only enhance the candidate's technical skills, but also their ability to work in a team, communicate effectively, and manage their time and tasks efficiently. This internship provides a comprehensive learning experience and a great foundation for the candidate's future career in software development.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q97q-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.