Paramount Pictures - Summer 2023 Internships (Security & Environmental Health Safety)
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
• Internships are available to students who will be Juniors, Seniors, or Masters students in the fall of 2023. If you are a graduating Senior, please check our website for full-time job opportunities.
• You must be available to intern full-time (5 days a week/36-40 hours a week) for 10 weeks total starting in June.
• Internship format varies based on department (i.e. 100% in-person, 100% remote, or hybrid).
• Internships are paid at a competitive standard hourly rate (school credit is optional).
In the Paramount Summer Internship Program, interns will be working in a vibrant and inclusive environment at our iconic studio alongside employees from different backgrounds. Through our in-depth offerings, interns gain exposure across our business while making significant connections for their future and accessing exciting career opportunities. In addition to hands-on experience our programs include networking, mentorship, resume workshops, speaker sessions, career development, visibility to top industry executives, and much more.
Our summer internship opportunities include, but are not limited to:
• Security & Safety
• Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
• Global Security Operations (GSOC)
Security & Safety:
The team is responsible for working with Security leadership to learn and help with the effective and appropriate day-to-day operation for a particular shift, within the Security Department
• Work with manager to learn Studio and Security policies; accident and theft prevention; parking enforcement; employee/guest safety and protection; as well as the protection of assets and personal items
• Learn fire; safety and security procedures are enforced and followed by security personnel
• Learn how to lead by example to ensure that employees are treated with dignity and respect
• Provide assistance with and is assigned various department related projects
• Review Preliminary Investigations Reports, Traffic Accident Reports, Incident Reports, and other reports that may be submitted throughout the day
• Responsible for the upload of the essential data for the daily payroll for all Security personnel
Environmental Health & Safety:
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) department works on a daily basis to ensure the buildings and stages on the Paramount lot are safe to operate.
• Inspect sound stages for proper storage and exit paths
• Inspect buildings for proper storage and ingress and egress exit paths
• Assist safety with inspections of grounds for proper storage and handling of hazardous materials
• Help review & revise EHS plans/programs
• Assist in the collection of metrics/KPIs for EHS from production business units
• Participate in meetings and calls in order learn the full scope of EHS in our organization
• Assist leaders in the providing safety services at events
Global Security Operations:
The Global Security Operations team monitors internal systems alerts, global and local news, and social media. They maintain and continuously update reports with relevant news, incidents, country/city-specific data, travel advisories and restrictions.
• GSOC intern will support the responsibilities of a GSOC Analyst who handles immediate response to employee and stakeholder emails, phone calls, and ad-hoc inquiries. The analyst also leads emergency and incident response for all travelers, productions, and subsidiary offices. This requires constant tracking of global events and news, and unfolding crisis
The hourly rate for this position is $20.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebk42-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.