Intern - TV News
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe News Intern provides support in the collection and production of news broadcasts and digital content.
• Support production staff with the coordination, creation, scheduling and distribution of news.
• Assist with general duties including screening tapes, finding still images etc.
• Research and disseminate ideas for news topics and elements.
• Screen, log, transcribe and clip footage for projects; organize element reels.
• Log and archive video and associated data for future .
Requirements & Skills:
• Must be enrolled in a journalism program in an accredited college or university.
• Must have completed at least two years of college.
• Ability to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department.
• Basic computer knowledge including MS Office.
• Compensation - $15.50- $16/hr commensurate with experience and skill level.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj19o2-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $15.50 to $16.00 Per Hour ($ USD)
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.