Intern - KXMB Production
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The Production Intern will be involved in learning all aspects of the production of a newscast and various other television station activities.
Duties may vary depending on the internship agreement and school requirements.
Production Intern will be taught and be involved in the following duties.
• Composing and framing camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
• Adjusting positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
• Operating studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Operating remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
• Setting up cameras and related equipment
• Testing, cleaning, maintaining and repairing camera equipment
• Producing graphics for newscast
• Creating graphics for the newscast
• Performing other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.