Fall 2022 Reporting/MMJ Intern (Paid)
KSN is looking for an upper-level college student who is ready to jump into the world of TV news! We are looking for someone who has taken journalism and writing classes and is interested to learn more about the broadcast world. Experience with collegiate TV production is not necessary, but great if you have it! Previous experience with print-based journalism also a plus. Internship would be primarily focused on reporting skills, shooting and editing video, writing scripts, coordinating with many members of the KSN newsroom and working toward putting content on the air. Position could also include shadowing producers, photographers, editors and other newsroom team members. Position is for the 2022 Fall Semester and located in Wichita, Kansas, and will remain open until filled. There is no ''normal'' schedule in a newsroom, so expect to work odd hours, including weekends, evenings or early mornings. We will be respectful of your college course schedule in your weekly internship schedule. We have hired some of our previous rock-star interns for full-time work – this is a great way to get your foot in the door!
• • Each internship is for 20 hours per week for approximately 15 weeks
• Will be well supervised and participate in a meaningful learning experience
• Upon completion of the internship, the student will be evaluated by the internship supervisor
Requirements & Skills:
• • Must be a college junior/senior with multiple journalism classes already completed
• Expected to work 2-3 shifts per week, hours may vary
• A collaborative worker with a willingness to learn
• Previous internship experience a plus, but not required
• Fluency in English, bilingual Spanish a plus
• Collegiate experience in news writing is required; can include AP Style writing for college newspaper, script writing for broadcast, or related assignments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk1w8p-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.