Intern - Experimentation & Causal Inference
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 203+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe.
As Netflix produces more content and we expand our global presence, it becomes even more
important to get people excited about stories that are right for them. Promoting our titles
happens on our consumer-facing product, and through external marketing and publicity
channels. To help consumers find the stories they'll love, we need to create a diverse set of
promotional media assets for many different tastes, and to get these materials in front of the
The Marketing Planning & Distribution Engineering team creates technology that enables the efficient planning and distribution of promotional campaigns across Netflix marketing channels.
Our platforms drive operational excellence for stakeholder decision-making related to campaign support, campaign launches, and global, cross-functional team coordination. We additionally provide tooling support for the manual curation and distribution of promotional content to owned & operated (O&O) digital canvases.
We are looking for a full-stack intern to help our team build products that enable our marketing partners to tell stories about our stories.
Who are you?
• You're currently a rising Junior or rising Senior, pursuing a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field.
• You are familiar with CS fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures.
• You can work independently and are unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members.
• You have a strong passion for tackling complex problems.
• You love both the frontend and backend, and bonus if you have experience with web frameworks, such as React, and familiarity with Node.js applications.
• You have proven to work effectively in a collaborative environment and have a willingness to share your ideas.
• You get excited about exploring new solutions and are willing to break things to learn.
• You make confident decisions that are well thought out.
What will you learn?
• How to tackle complex technical problems that affect our business stakeholders.
• How to craft multi-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks.
• How to partner closely with cross-functional teams in design, product, and other business units.
• The full software lifecycle experience, from concept, to design, to implementation, to collecting and reacting to user feedback.
• Writing high quality, performant, and industry standard code.
The Summer Internship
At Netflix, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture.
Internships are paid and are a minimum of 12 weeks, with a choice of a few fixed start dates in May or June to accommodate varying school calendars. Conditions permitting, our 2022 summer internships will be located either remotely, in our Los Gatos, CA office, or in our Los Angeles, CA office, depending on the team.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnjpp-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.