Device Ecosystem Engineering Intern, Partner Ecosystem
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Who are we?
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 200+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe.
The Device Ecosystem Engineering (DEE) team delivers Netflix on hundreds of millions of partner devices from smart TV's to MVPD Set Top Boxes to streaming sticks. The team collaborates with partners across the globe to deliver the Netflix Streaming Client
on their devices, which is a core part of the Netflix experience.
We want to delight our customers with a service that just works, always. We are looking for a talented software engineer to explore and lay the groundwork for us to deliver a world-class highly reliable Netflix application. Our partner devices run a diverse set of operating systems including other 3rd party technologies with multiple stakeholder companies spread around the world, making the scaling of the Netflix application a unique challenge. We continue to drive forward the state of the art for streaming device product experiences, globally, through the use of our partnerships.
Who are you?
• Experience with data structures, algorithms, embedded software development, and source control systems like GIT or similar.
• Passionate about device automation interfacing to backend systems.
• Planning for future coursework in Distributed Systems, Computer Architecture, Networking, Streaming etc.
• MS or PhD pursuing Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering.
What will you learn?
• Different device platforms, middlewares, and media pipelines.
• Impact of tooling to build best quality products for scale.
• Impact of global partnerships to business growth and customer joy.
• Collaboration and Communication skills working with multiple stakeholders.
• Products at the nexus of Embedded Technology and Entertainment.
The Summer Internship
Our approach to internships is different: like Netflix itself, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture.
Internships will be a minimum of 12 weeks, and we expect these internships to be remote. Conditions permitting, we will aim to bring the intern cohort together for an optional experience at some point during the summer.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.