Summer Remote MBA Intern - Business Development & Strategy
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
NBCUniversal owns a valuable portfolio spanning across broadcast divisions, cable networks, digital businesses, film, international, local media, Peacock and TV studio productions.
As a Business Development & Strategy intern, you will work closely with our business unit leaders (CNBC, NBC News, MSNBC, Today Show) and senior management to facilitate decision making through strategic and financial analysis as well as through day-to-day negotiations with key partners. Driving projects from concept stage to conclusion, the team contributes directly to the operational excellence across our business in addition to the development and implementation of NBCU News Group's growth strategy. You will also be joining a high profile team to support News' traditional businesses and partnerships as well as organic and inorganic investment opportunities, working in tandem with individual business teams.
Internships & Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
• Assisting the Business Development team in the execution of their projects – these can range from equity investments to partnerships, strategic initiatives (e.g. direct-to-consumer) to project implementation (e.g. events)
• Researching and synthesizing market data to identify and evaluate new business areas and potential corporate acquisition / partnership opportunities
• Running financial and strategic analysis on competitors and markets
• Financial modelling related to organic growth projects and Mergers & Acquisitions
• Creating PowerPoint slides to clearly communicate analysis and findings
• Liaising with internal/external stakeholders at various levels on a regular basis
Application Deadline: Summer Internship postings are live for a limited time only, apply today!
In pursuit of a Master of Business Administration degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
Strong interest in the media industry; knowledge of news is a plus
Commitment to building an inclusive work environment
Ability to multitask and highly organized.
Excellent verbal and written communication.
Critical thinking with outstanding attention to detail.
Self-starter and fast learner, with ability to work self-guided as well as collaboratively.
Thorough analytical and financial skills, including financial modelling
Previous internship experience or college/university leadership preferred.