- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
NBC4/T44 Digital Internship - Summer 2021 (Remote)
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by March 1st, 2021.
Summer Internship Program Dates: May 2021 – July 2021
• Pitch, report and write news and features
• Put together photo galleries and digital videos
• Turn TV stories into multimedia digital stories
• Cut video from broadcasts
• Identify opportunities for graphics and data visualization
• Shadow digital editors, TV producers, assignment desk editors and others
• Assist with social media
• News writing experience
• Knowledge of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area
Note: Applicants should submit written work samples (links, documents and/or PDFs) along with a resume and cover letter.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
• Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
• Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
• Excellent computer skills (especially search skills)
• Spanish language skills a plus