Summer 2024 Internship - Design Intern, Publishing, Stationery, & Multi-Category (UP&E)
Universal Products & Experiences
Universal Products & Experiences (UP&E) globally drives the expansion and elevation of NBCUniversal's iconic collection of brands, intellectual properties, characters, and stories based on the company's extensive portfolio of properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination, DreamWorks Animation and NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. The division executes this through innovative physical and digital products, engaging retail and product experiences across our expansive global theme park destinations (for both owned and 3rd party IP), location-based venues, e-commerce product platforms, and retailers around the world. Along with global brand strategy and creative, UP&E's three lines of business include Consumer Products, Games and Digital Platforms, as well as Theme Parks Products & Retail. UP&E is a division of Universal Destinations & Experiences, part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. https://www.universalproductsexperiences.com/.
Universal Products & Experiences is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce of the highest caliber. We are committed to fostering equitable and inclusive environments that honor the experiences, perspectives, and uniqueness of each colleague.
Summer 2024 Internship Program
See yourself at UP&E! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Products & Experiences Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. Interns receive career guidance, leadership connections, and networking opportunities!
To qualify for this internship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program (Business, Marketing or a related field.)
• Rising Sophomore and above required (30 Credits or more)
• Available to work onsite a minimum of 3 days a week.
• Applications Open: February 2nd - March 8th.
• Program Dates: June – Aug (10 weeks)
• Full-time Los Angeles based role.
Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, education, accomplishments, your graduation month /year and major.
• Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for Universal Products & Experiences and a summary of your qualifications for your internship of choice. (1 page or less)
• Upload a transcript that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in an accredited degree-granting program. (unofficial transcripts are fine) and your current GPA.
• Design Roles: Submit an updated portfolio with password. PDF format preferred.
• Participate in 2D/3D design for publishing, stationery and multi-category style guides
• Help with presentation designs
• Assist in 2D/3D design approvals for our global licensees
• Create design templates
• Attend editorial and design meetings
• Opportunities to learn from a variety of departments
• Work with the team to develop concepts and reference material
• An interest in licensed publishing, stationery, or multi-category.
• Currently pursuing a degree in Graphic Design.
• A strong portfolio that shows great potential in 2D design, 3D design a plus.
• Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is beneficial.
• Attention to detail.
• Passion for design.
• Excellent communication and listening skills.
• High standards of quality.
• Deadline driven mindset.
• Openness to constructive criticism.
• Organizational and time-management skills.
• Openness and excited to learn.
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary: $17/hour - $20/hour
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rov773-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.