Spring 2023 Internship Program:
• Applications Close: October 7, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
• Program Dates: January 17 – April 21, 2023
• Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
• Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
• Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
• Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
The Entertainment Group develops and schedules the network's primetime, late-night, and daytime entertainment programming, including USA, SYFY, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, and Universal Kids. NBC's quality programs and balanced line-up have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards and ratings success, including most recently winning the traditional September-to-May season in primetime's key demo, marking the network's third win in four years. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history. As part of Entertainment, Stamford Media Center (SMC) is a full-service production facility and is the home to some of NBCU's most popular daytime programming including Maury, The Steve Wilkos Show, and Judge Jerry.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
• Design - Using an existing keyart, the design intern will use Adobe Photoshop to help to make the 75 – 200 assets needed for each show as it travels across the non-linear entertainment space. From streaming apps to marketing opportunities, interns will be responsible for consumer-facing layouts (Opportunities in SMC, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, Universal Kids, USA, Bravo, and Late Night Shows)
• Creative Digital Design - Assist in the long-term process of the end-to-end process of consumer facing key arts, network branding, media buys and internal communications. Resizing existing approved artwork in Photoshop to meet the needs of detailed specs, templates and varied criteria (Opportunities in SMC, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, Universal Kids, USA, Bravo)
• Print Design - and produces imagery, messaging, graphics and experiences for the NBC Entertainment brand, properties, franchises and cross-company initiatives for use across all platforms
• Digital Video Design - create and strategize video content that will keep Bravo fans engaged and wanting more. Our interns work on multiple video projects with our team from pre-production to the post-production side. Our interns have the opportunity to work on many different types of video production projects (Opportunities in SMC, Bravo, Oxygen, SYFY)
• Video Editing - Assisting Preditors with promo and social video production for our Reality Shows. Basic editing skills are desirable for screening our shows, identifying and pulling shots for various video projects. (Opportunities in SMC, Bravo)
• Post-Production Operations - Assist the Operations and Post Operation team with fulfilling media requests; maintaining team documents, support Creative and Production. Lead and maintain trackers and communication for tasks including onboarding new Production Companies, Vendors and Staff to NBCUniversal servers, tools and workflows (All brands)
• Product Design - Conduct competitive analyses of other websites that operate in the same space. Help conduct usability tests of our websites and create a report showcasing your findings. Identify design problems and areas of improvement and prepare reports of possible solutions for senior management (All brands)
• Editorial Design - The main tasks will revolve around researching and writing articles in support of broadcast shows, as well as for the news team. There may be some website upkeep involved, editing various pages as needed (Opportunities in E!, Bravo, Oxygen, SYFY)
• Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
• Must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Passion for television entertainment space
• Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau preferred
• Ability to multitask and highly organized
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Previous internship experience within a corporate setting
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvnpj7-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.